Thursday, April 27, 2006

Found my Resume

This morning I found my resume. By accident. I was searching for a document on my computer when I came across the file name. I didn't even know I had a resume. I have never had to use one before. I am serving my third church now as a pastor, and not once did my hiring process require a resume. Not sure how smart that is.. but that's the way it worked.

What I found most interesting was my stated objective: to lead, teach and counsel the church into Christian maturity.

That has a good, clean, clear ring to it. I really like it. I'm going to have to reflect upon it more...I think it could be a real encourager to me as I evaluate myself and my ministry. I have the disease of low-self confidence. Reading clear statements like the one above is an antidote to the vagueness I use to poison myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting comment.

Anonymous said...

hey


Just saying hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.