Friday, October 15, 2010

Prayer for the Weary Saint

Here's how a conversation might go between you and Jesus, a prayer of sorts as you unload on him.

You: People are often mean, irrational, and self-centered.
Jesus: Forgive them anyway.

You: If I am kind, people may accuse me of selfish, ulterior motives.
Jesus: Be kind anyway.

You: If I prevail, I will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
Jesus: Prevail anyway.

You: If I am honest and sincere people may deceive me.
Jesus: Be honest and sincere anyway.

You: What I spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
Jesus: Create anyway.

You: If I find peace and joy, some may be jealous.
Jesus: Be happy anyway.

You: The good I do today, may be forgotten.
Jesus: Do good anyway.

You: I give the best I have, and it is never enough.
Jesus: Give your best anyway.



~ Adapted from a prayer of Mother Teresa of Calcutta

No comments: