Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy First Day of Spring!

Ahhhh...finally, the first day of Spring! This winter seemed kind of long. The sun is sunny, the breeze is breezy, the earth is earthy, hmmmmm...this is my kind of weather!

Today Emma and I did some leaf-raking while Eli napped. It was fun to be outside with her, working together, listening to her chatter about slimy bugs, prickly branches, and crunchy leaves.

The next big project is to rake up all the hickory nuts that are littered across the whole backyard. I've had a few people tell me I should harvest the hickory nuts and then use them for cooking or sell them. Does anyone know how to harvest hickory nuts so that I could use them for cooking or sell them? Otherwise I'm going to have to cajole my kids into picking up hundreds and hundreds of nuts. I can make it a game for about five or seven minutes, and then after that I'm on my own!

No comments: