Tuesday, April 08, 2008

How do you help save a marriage?

This is the question I've been trying to answer lately...alot.

It's a good question, but it does me no good to keep asking it...I must find some good answers. Thanks to so many men and women who also are asking that question, there are alot of good answers out there. There are many that I have found, one in particular has been very helpful.

Divorce Busting is a book and organization started by Michele Weiner-Davis in her effort to stop divorces. She's brilliant, passionate, and really good. Click here for a series of really good articles, tips to help you help a couple save their marriage.

If you have any friends who are getting a divorce, thinking about it, or possibly headed there, if you see it, and care about it, know that you can do something about it. You may not know what to do, but if you check out the Divorce Busting material, you will be very encouraged and better equipped in the basics.

I work hard to increase my knowledge and skills to better help couples save and improve their marriage. If I can do it, so can you. It's not a matter of intelligence or talent, but of will and heart. If you see a need, and it moves you, there is something you can do.

Oh, and if you want, I have some of her books available in my study as well as in the Anchor Library. And you can buy them on Amazon.com, used, for an affordable price. Not that price should keep you from buying a book that could help you help a friend save his or her marriage.

2 comments:

Dianna Burt said...

Harry and I took a class at ECC that Bob and his wife led. They used the book Love Busters by William Harley. It was really good at helping couples get past the male/female differences.
The main thing is both parties need to be willing to work on any issues. That doesn't always work.

Anonymous said...

The great thing about Divorce Busting and her more recent book, Divorce Remedy, is that they work even if one spouse truly believes s/he wants out! It saved my marriage!

Leann