Saturday, September 02, 2006

Stage of Life

It's difficult to appreciate each day for what it is. My tendency is to value a future scenario instead of value what is current in my life. This is true of my relationship with my wife, my children, my family and my ministry. My tendency is to also be foggy on past details, it is easy for me to become absentminded about how I got to where I am at today. Maybe that is why it is so easy to daydream and drift out of today's events.

Maybe I am too busy? Maybe I am too unfocused? Maybe I am too indecisive? I don't know...

I know that I want to enjoy each day. I also know that in order to enjoy each day, it is vital to have some sense of purpose, of vision of where these days are heading, how do they fit together. And I know that it is important to remember the past...I would be better served to remember and review how I arrived to this current day.

If I want tomorrow to be better then today, I have to reflect and then act on what I learned yesterday. I need to learn more about who I am and who I am supposed to become. And then I need to find work and play that molds well with me. But more important then my work and play is my family, my life as a husband and father. I don't want to ever forget that no matter what kind of contribution I make to ministry, my most important success will be with my children and wife. I hope and plan to be successful in my work and to have lots of fun at play.

But instead of daydreaming so much, I need to remember and learn. And then act wisely. Oh God, that you might continue to grant me wisdom.

No comments: