Thursday, April 12, 2007

Vinh Phuc's Beauty & Tabbie's Blessing

Tabbie, one of the fantastic mission-teachers that Anchor loves and supports, sent out this letter and pictures. The pictures are beautiful and the description of the trip she took is fun. Being a mission-teacher in Vietnam requires courage, trust, and endurance...and Tabbie inspires me. It is hard to be immersed in mission, yet there are moments where it all comes together...and you just know that no matter the doubts, the fears, the wearisomeness, this is the right place.

Enjoy the story, enjoy the pics, and continue to cheer on Tabbie.

**********

I was invited a few weekends ago to go with one of my classes to Vinh Phuc, a small province south of my city.


It was a long and tiring day, but a gift from my students. I learned a lot about them, and a lot about my ability to walk six kilometers into His creation and back out into "normalcy" again. I came home and literally slept for the next 14 hours! It was that tiring of a day.

We woke up at 4:30 am, traveled by bus for three hours, walked literally all day, traveled back by bus for three hours, and arrived at our school gate at 8pm that night. What a day!

Add in the fact that I get car sick, and that I had to help carry another car sick girl up a mountain when we first arrived --- and you get mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted Tabbie! It was a great experience, and one I will never forget. However, probably one that I will never do again either ;)

Actually, I am taking a rather long day trip with that same class this weekend, but I don't have to go by bus. I get to go by bicycle this time, and not nearly as far. :)

So, the pictures attached are from the Vinh Phuc trip. I hope you enjoy them and you enjoyed this...update. I am thinking of you all, especially right now. Blessings to you!

No comments: