Wednesday, January 20, 2010

You're Gonna Die...

What if you were told today by God that you had two years left of life on Earth? 

What would you do to make the most of those twenty-four months? What would you change about your life? What would you change about you? What would you seek to accomplish? What would you work to become? What would you want to be remembered for? What would you want to finish?

A friend remarked to me the other day that he was pondering the above question. So now I've been pondering it. In thinking about my impending death - whether it is imminent or not, it is inevitable - I muse about the morbidity of this all. Is it proper to ponder death like this? Is there any benefit to reflecting upon my approaching death in the days or decades to come?

Since my friend has caused me to think about death and life in the next two years, I'm inviting you to now reflect up on it. I'd be interested to read your responses.

This death announcement from God to you in the next twenty-four months does not include any information about how you'll die, where you'll die, or with whom you will die. But God does intend this death announcement to be a source of inspiration, not depression - a prompt for renewed passion, not permission to pout.

So: what if you you were told by God today that you had two years left of life on Earth? 
What would you do to make the most of those twenty-four months?

No comments: