Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Almost Done at TEDS

Monday evening I took my final examination for my lone class this semester: The Gospels and John's Letters. It was an online test, so instead of driving to Chicago for a 75 minute exam, I was able to walk into our den and take the test.

I did okay on the test...I was exhausted by the end of it. It started at 9pm, and then when I finished it I was able to review my answers immediately.

Anyway, it is good to be done with the semester. Good class, the timing was divine - as we walked through the Gospels in depth, at Anchor we were reexamining what the Gospels teach us about following Jesus. As usual, I ended up having more questions then answers.

Instead of taking my last class for my degree this spring, I'm going to do it this summer. I will still be able to graduate in May, but I won't receive my diploma until I finish my last class in early August. Then I'll be done with my Masters of Divinity degree from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.

Maybe later I'll write out my reasons for working for this degree. Suffice it to say it was instrumental in my keeping my faith, staying a pastor, and growing up.

For now, it's time to enjoy the holidays with the family, read for reasons other than school, and reconnect with some friends.

No comments: