Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Happy Two-Month Anniversary Rick & Jamie!

This afternoon I was going through notes and sheafs of papers on my desk. I found the notes from Rick and Jamie's wedding on Friday June 1st. Instead of filing it somewhere in obscurity, I thought I'd post it here - a way for me to remember them and God's beautiful work in their life together.

Congrats Rick and Jamie, may God bless our world through you!
***********************

Eleven years ago I became Jamie's youth pastor. She was a cute middle-school girl, quiet yet thoughtful, fun-hearted and kind. There are many fond memories of hauling Jamie and her friends and brothers around town. She could turn into quite a chatterbox, such that I'd get so distracted and stop at green lights and run through red lights!

Jamie played a key role in the start-up of our church. She was a core member of Anchor's new youth ministry; she invited her friends, she took the lessons seriously, she rolled her eyes at my jokes and let out exasperated sighs at my crazy games we played. She and her family were there for me when my brother Matt died, and Tara and I have been there for Jamie and her family when her family has had to cry.

Jamie - Tara and I care deeply for you, we are delighted with you, we smile when we think of you and thank God for how you've let Him guide you and now lead you into the arms of Rick.

Song of Songs 8 (TNIV)
6 Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame

7 Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot sweep it away.
If one were to give
all the wealth of one's house for love,
it would be utterly scorned.

I ran into Chuck Marseilles the other day. He reminded me of how you and Rick first met, and your first project together: the "in-tents camping trip". You are here today with a new assingment with Rick, not to create a multimedia project for a in-tents camping trip, but to create a marriage that brings glory to God and joy to you.

Proverbs 3 (TNIV)
1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
2 for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you peace and prosperity.

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

4 Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and humankind.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

I charge you, Jamie Lynn Knuth, to pitch together with Rick an in-tents marriage.

I charge you to love Rick best by loving Christ more.

I charge you to always believe Rick when he tells you that you are beautiful, intelligent, savvy, compassionate, and fiercly loyal.

I charge you to be one with Rick, to complete him, to be God's help to him. Often, when Rick asks God for help in life and ministry, He will answer the prayer with, "Listen to your wife."

I charge you to learn from your past, to gain wisdom from your mistakes, to forgive Rick and all who sin against you, and to never stop living by God's Word.

I charge you to revel in Rick, God's Gift to you.

I charge you Jamie Lynn Knuth to become a wife to Rick that brings glory to God and joy to all.

No comments: