Monday, January 01, 2007

Resolutions for the New Year - On the Record.

Sometimes I make resolutions, sometimes I don't. This year I want to make some.

Here they are in random order:

1. Lose twenty pounds. I usually weigh in around 225. My friends in college used to make fun of my spare tire.
2. Go to the gym three days a week. And actually exercise. On the other days I'll go for a walk with the kids.
3. Eat more fruit for breakfast, less fast food for lunch and more veggies and meat for supper.
4. Work on my 1966 Mustang with my kids. Well, watch Brett Sauder work on my car while my three kids run around his backyard.
5. Give my wife more time to scrapbook.
6. Develop the skill of telling jokes (I'm awful at telling stories and jokes - not a good combo for a pastor!)
7. Read the Bible in a year. (Which will hopefully make me wiser).

I realize that these are classic resolutions - but I don't care. It's what I want to do this year. I'm almost done with my schooling, the schedule is slowing way down, which means that I can more easily live healthier and happier. Crazy, but I like being healthy and happy. My family likes me that way too.

Feel free to ask me how my resolutions are going. I plan on starting them this week. Well, some of them. Well at least one of them.

No comments: